Moment of Zen: Pinterest Edition

Yep, I’m officially on the Pinterest bandwagon, and have been for a few weeks. I kind of love the idea of a virtual pinboard, especially for home decor and fashion inspiration. Here are some of my recent “pins.”

The perfect reading nook:

A cute, comfy outfit:

Beautiful bathroom color scheme:

And some general inspiration:

So far my experience with Pinterest has been pretty innocent, but I do recognize some of its potential downsides. Still, I’m finding the process of pinning pretty fun and relaxing!

Do you use Pinterest? If so, I’d like to follow you!

9 Responses to “Moment of Zen: Pinterest Edition”

1. Yes, I have been using it only for a few days and I already see how it could easily become something I use to distract myself. I am such a visual person and seeing all the pretty photos keep me drawn in. I am actually thinking of setting a timer when use it. *blush*.

2. PJ says:

I do use a timer! Not just for pinterest, but for all my blogging (I have 2 blogs) and tweeting. Otherwise I’d never get off the darn computer :)
    Love love pinterest – don’t do any pinning of my own (although I’m sure I will as I go along) – just love looking at all the pretty pins everyone else has!

3. It is SO addicting isn’t it!

4. Another thing I have to learn and get up to speed on?! Another thing?! Where will it end?

Okay, I’m in. Damn. At least, I will be, apparently I must wait to be officially invited. Looks like it could easily be another deadly time-suck, as others point out.

5. Teddi says:

I do like Pinterest, but I have thought that it is very, very materialistic and it could really suck people into thinking that they have to buy better clothes, better home decor, better makeup, etc. However, like that article said, we can control those thoughts, we just have to keep it all in perspective. I try not to post too much “stuff” that “I want”; rather, I go for good quotes, recipes, craft ideas, etc.

6. Simply Life says:

huh, I’ve never seen this before – good to know about.

7. Alexis says:

Never heard of it but jus looked at the travel section. OMG. NEED an invite!

8. Jannifer says:

I love pinterest. The first week I used it a lot but now I’m just on there every once in a while. So much inspriration though!

9. Kat says:

I <3 Pinterest!! (http://pinterest.com/pumpkinaday/) It's a great visual tool for me — I'm about to move into a house (for the first time ever!) and am using it to channel decorating ideas

Oh and I have that cardigan in your comfy outfit post — it IS really comfy and is a great weight