Moment of Zen: Harry Potter Edition

All the Harry Potter mania this past week was pretty darn crazy, wasn’t it?

Don’t get me wrong, I happen to love the Harry Potter books (the first ones more than the last ones). Heck, I even took a course in grad school that used the characters in the series as a model for leadership (we read a book called If Harry Potter Ran General Electric).

Even so, some of this stuff is just nuts! Like a Harry Potter corn maze…

A certificate saying you were accepted to Hogwarts…

A Harry Potter quilt…

There are even real live Quidditch matches! (No idea how that works…)

Whether you love it or hate it, there’s no denying that Harry Potter has left a huge impact on our culture.

Any Harry Potter fans out there? Anyone see the movie already?

Images Credit

11 Responses to “Moment of Zen: Harry Potter Edition”

I haven’t seen the recent movie but I LOVE the book. I’m just entranced by the amount of detail in the books. Plus who wouldn’t want to be a wizard?

Agreed! And I too was blown away by the books’ detail. J.K. Rowling is a genius.

2. HUGE FAN HERE! Going to see the movie tonight :)

AWESOME!!! Did you like it? Does it live up to its role as the FINAL one??? I hope to see it next weekend!

3. Kate says:

I love Harry potter (the books and the movies). I’m kinda sad that the whole Harry Potter phenomena is over because its been such a good chunk of time.

Oh well, I still have my harry potter themed party to look forward to. ( I bought the unoffical Harry Potter cookbook.)

4. Alexis says:

Loved the movies. I’m into visuals. Favorite thing is the paintings in the backgrounds move. Also loved the floating candles in the main hall.
    I really love the author’s story. A welfare mom now one of, if not the, richest woman in England. And she didn’t do it by polluting the planet, taking advantage of a market such as the diet industry, she didn’t screw anyone over.

5. Melody says:

Oh yes, huge Potter fan here! I’ve been following and enjoying your blog for awhile, but I don’t think I’ve posted a reply yet. De-lurking for Harry. :-)

I liked the final movie. It stayed true to Rowling’s wonderful story.

That’s great! I think I’m going to try to see it this weekend. And thank you for de-lurking! Your thoughts are always welcome here. :)

6. Tamara says:

I stopped reading the books after number six and stopped the movies after number four. My sweetie read the seventh and told me not to bother; it was many many hours of kids running through the woods acting angsty. And I’m not big on wars. I started reading the first ones as a kid for the humor and whimsy, but when the books started getting too heavy to read the content did too. Why exactly did she need to spend multiple chapters on some cat-loving Kafkian bureaucrat who carved words into kids’ hands? The first book took her years of thinking and tweaking, but the rest she was just pumping out one after the other with too much chaff. I think I might have continued to like them if the publishers weren’t rushing to capitalize on the series’ popularity and skimping on the editing.

From the commercials, it looks like the last movie is a lot of yelling and booms. Good reviews, but, not really my cuppa tea.