Note To Self…

Note to self: Yes, you are in a wedding on Friday. Yes, the other bridesmaids have naturally smaller body types. Yes, you will be wearing a strapless dress in front of 80 people. Yes, if you found a magic lamp today, you’d be highly tempted to blow your wish for world peace in favor of more defined triceps.

BUT deep down you know the day isn’t about which bridemaid has the most toned arms. It’s not a day for judgments or comparisons or insecurities. The theme of the day is LOVE – the love between the bride and groom and the love their family and friends have for them.

Your job on Friday is to be the most helpful and supportive Maid (Matron?) of Honor that you can be. And you will not be letting a little body image blip get in the way of that all-important duty!

Note to self: Get in the spirit of love, starting with your own body!

What’s your “Note To Self” for today?

15 Responses to “Note To Self…”

1. You’re going to be an amazing Maid of Honor. My note to self today is not to let people’s misconceptions of me affect the way I see myself. I’m perfect the way I am, and I don’t have to change for anyone.

2. Jenn says:

Love this. My note to my self today (in recovery from anorexia) is to NOT let the scale determine my worth. The fact that it went up is not a sign of weakness, but a sign that I am getting healthier and stronger. My body doesn’t determine how good I am, and the number is just a number. It will all be okay. I’m loved for who I am, not my weight! :)

3. This post is eerily similar to my post for Thursday this week!

4. Kelly says:

Oh honey…you are so beautiful inside and out. :) Don’t worry one second about anyone judging you. We are ALWAYS harder on ourselves. What you see isn’t what everyone else sees. We see each and every flaw we think we have while other people see the whole beautiful package.

Thank you, Kelly! Your encouragement means a lot to me, and it really helps to put it in perspective like that.

5. bubu says:

Beauty radiates from joy and love and happiness -and I sense all of that going on for you and the bride (whom I’m presuming you are very close to, since you are the maid/matron of honor) – you will be beautiful, there is just no question. And really, if anyone is comparing TRICEPS in the wedding party line-up, is this someone we care about impressing???

• bubu says:

and p.s. – yes it is “matron of honor.” — with all the blessings of marriage also comes, unfortunately, that sad-sacky title. I was once also a 9-month pregnant bride-matron (? sounds like a robot) – and believe me, was way bigger than anyone else in the line-up (and would have been even without the baby bump). Truly, no one cared and it was a marvelous day.

6. Alexis says:

The same note it is everyday. Self-care. I have to keep my own head above water and keep reminding myself, taking care of myself is not selfish just cus I’m the strong one.

Well-said, Alexis. That’s a lesson I’m still in the process of learning.

7. McKella says:

Love it1
    Note to self: It’s totally ok to blow off that yoga session and spend the evening on the couch with a book after that looooong opening shift at work. Which followed that looooong closing shift last night. Also, go to bed early.

8. Meg says:

Katie, you’re beautiful. Anyone smaller than you is considered a genetic mutant in my book. :) Enjoy the wedding!

9. Dana says:

You are going to look stunning <3 I cant wait to see the pictures!