Moment of Zen: Interpretive Dance Edition

Say what you want about the British, but they have an awesome sense of humor.

My family members and I are loyal fans of the old British¬†sitcom “The Vicar of Dibley,” and when I traveled to London my girlfriend and I spent every afternoon watching fabulous British game shows.

So when I saw this interpretive dance video, I knew I had to share it with you. It’s a¬†2 minute video, but it’s funny even if you can only watch the first 30 seconds.

Have you ever watched British television?

12 Responses to “Moment of Zen: Interpretive Dance Edition”

1. Joanna says:

so cool. needed this thanks. Yes I do love british tv even from Australia

This is hilarious! Nothing like a grown man dancing to Britney Spears. I love the show Keeping Up Appearances (watch it on PBS all the time). And I also enjoy the show You Are What You Eat where a dietitian goes to unhealthy individuals and transforms their eating habits and exercise plans. Very interesting!

• Becca says:

Sarah, it should be noted that Gillian McKeith is *not* a dietitian. Some of the random statements she has made on her show and in her literature include that chlorophyll from green leafy vegetables oxygenates the blood, and that eating yeast and sugar will cause yeast to burst out of the gut into the bloodstream.

A journalist contacted the “university” from which she got her qualifications and managed to buy a PhD for his dog.

The message to eat more vegetables and less processed food is great, but anything you see on that show must be taken with a truckload of salt.

• Sarah says:

Oooh I didn’t know that. I just thought she was like a British Jillian Michaels. I will take her advice with a truckload of salt! Thanks for the heads up :)

• Alexis says:

Jillian Michaels isn’t even Jillian Michaels as far as her persona as being a concerned trainer. If you read exposes of Biggest Loser you’ll see Jillian is the biggest sell out. That show put ppl in very dangerous situation as far as their health, such as severe dehydration before wight-ins, and Jillian went along with it. I like Tom Venuto. He’s honest and moderate.

• Alexis says:

In the beginning of her series I really liked Jillian. She isn’t right about everything and may not be accredited, but she was good never the less. She gets ppl to see themselves realistically. I fell off watch her since part of the show schtick was her getting more insulting and vicious. She became a caricature of herself.

3. McKella says:

I love British TV. My current favorite is The IT Crowd.

4. AnnE says:

Thanks for the much needed laugh this morning!

5. Becca says:

That’s hilarious! Bizarrely, I watch much more American than British at the moment. I think we’re on a bit of a quiet season for now, but there are some brilliant short-term dramas!

6. That was SO funny! :) I used to watch British TV when we had BBCA. My favorite show was You Are What You Eat with Gillian McKeith. :D

7. lauramich says:

First? That was brilliant. I just emailed it to Teh Husband and posted it to Facebook. Thank you!

Next, what I’ve really gotten hooked on in the last few years are British podcasts, particularly Friday Night Comedy, Answer Me This, and The Bugle. (Hint: If you like John Oliver on The Daily Show, then you have to check him out on The Bugle.)

8. Alexis says:

One of my favorite series was Monarch of the Glen. I love British tv. If I could have one wish come true, it would be to live in Chelsea.