Avocado Herb Dip

Happy St. Patty’s Day!!!

Unfortunately I’m not making any truly authentic Irish food today, as tonight I will be attending the Chris Tomlin concert in Baltimore!!! But I’m still celebrating by eating something green.

This Avocado Herb Dip is super yummy! It capitalizes on the natural creaminess of a ripe avocado.

It’s made with a mix of avocado, mayo, plain Greek yogurt, herbs, and lemon juice. I just mashed it with a potato masher to keep the consistency a bit chunky, but you could puree it in a blender or food processor to make it really smooth.

Of course the resident Irishman had to give it a try!

CRUNCH!

The dip is also great with tortilla chips, of course. It’s a nice alternative to traditional guacamole.

Avocado Herb Dip
adapted from Weelicious
Yields 1/2 cup

Ingredients
1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
2 tbsp mayo
2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
2 tbsp mixed herbs (I used dill, chives, and marjoram, but you really could throw in anything you like!)
1.5 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste

1. Mash all of the ingredients together using a potato masher, or puree in a food processor or blender until smooth.

2. Add salt to taste. Serve with raw veggies or tortilla chips.

What’s your favorite green food?

20 Responses to “Avocado Herb Dip”

1. sportsgirl says:

a nice crunchy green apple :-)

2. Karen says:

Sounds delicious! My favorite green food is definitely key lime pie Yoplait yogurt! I could have chose something like green beans, broccoli, kiwi, etc but I would have been lying : )

I’m glad you were honest because now I’ll make a point of trying that flavor! :)

3. Avocado is most definitely my favorite green food…that or kiwis!

4. DROOL – this is such a cool take on another avocado dip! i have to say, traditional guac is probably my fave, but i agree with Karen that i adore key lime pie!

5. Great dip! Avocado is one of my favorite green foods. In fact, I think I’ll have some today!

6. Shannon says:

Green peas! I think I’m the only person in the world who could eat bowls and bowls of green peas and die a happy girl :)

And hooray for Chris Tomlin! I saw him years ago at a Passion conference. His shows always sell out in Florida before I can make plans to get to wherever he’s playing!

7. I love avocado dip….I just mash them up and add nothing!

8. mmm guac is definitely one of my favorite green foods! Kiwi, too!

9. I love anything with avocado in it. My favorite green food is definitely guacamole.

10. Cynthia says:

That dip looks so good! My favorite green food is definitely guacamole.

11. christina says:

mmm so simple and delicious! love the green for today! :)

12. Avocados are DEFINITELY my favorite green food! I love the idea of mixing dill in the dip with avocado…have I expressed my love for dill enough? :)

Happy St Patty’s Day!

13. I’m “celebrating” by wearing a green shirt. I may also go out for a beer after work. Hey, it’s St. Patty’s day after all ;)
    Have fun tonight!

14. I was thinking of making something with avocado today! :D I was also thinking a Green Snoothie sounds fabulous. ;)

xoxo
    Kathleen

15. Tracy says:

The best St. Patrick’s Day foods are green foods that aren’t naturally green. I guess anything could be dyed green, even Green Eggs and Ham.

16. This dip looks and sounds incredible. You can’t go wrong with avocado and yogurt!! YUM!

17. Barbara Durrant says:

I loved this recipe! I’ve always been a fan of avocados and love guacamole, but this is SO MUCH better and healthier for you too. I doubled the recipe and let it sit overnight. I tried it with celery, which was good, but then I tried it with some original pringles and OH MAN, it was so good my husband and I finished off this whole thing in one sitting.