Top Workout Songs of 2010

WOW! I loved, loved, loved the discussion yesterday on the fine line between accountability and shaming. The comments are filled with amazing insights; be sure to check them out and add your own!

Some of you might remember Chris Lawhorn of the website Run Hundred, a super cool workout music site. Back in August he helped me design a playlist based on my love for exercising to the tunes of Lady Gaga. The website lets you sort workout music based on beats, genre, decade, etc.

Run Hundred just released the results of its poll on the best workout songs of 2010. Here are the top tracks.

Top Workout Songs of 2010

1. Flo Rida & David Guetta – Club Can’t Handle Me

2. Lady GaGa – Bad Romance (Starsmith Remix) (WOO HOO! 8-) )

3. Kesha – We R Who We R

4. R.I.O. – After The Love

5. Pitbull & Akon – Shut It Down

6. Taio Cruz & Ludacris – Break Your Heart (Mixin Marc & Tony Svejda Radio Edit)
                       Remember when I danced to a Taio Cruz song???

7. Black Eyed Peas – Rock That Body (Chris Lake Remix)

8. Yolanda Be Cool & Dcup – We No Speak Americano

9. Shiny Toy Guns – Major Tom

10. Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina – Stereo Love

Looking forward to seeing which tracks top the workout charts for 2011!

Do you exercise to any of these songs?

What’s your go-to workout song at the moment?

21 Responses to “Top Workout Songs of 2010”

1. I walk and rarely listen to music while I do. I prefer to listen to podcasts or just be with nature itself. But when I do, it is something relaxing rather than “energizing”. Now, I do like to bust a move sometimes when a fun song comes on but otherwise, I keep it pretty low key. I think I enjoy it more when I can just be with my thoughts.

2. So interesting to see people’s workout song mixes. I don’t listen to music during exercise. I find it distracting. During those times, I like to either think about things or just focus on breathing.

3. Melissa Anderson says:

I LOVE Ke$ha’s ‘We R Who We R’. Like big LOVE it. She’s totally cheesy and her songs are silly, but it’s so catchy and infectious.

4. I really like “Dog Days are Over” by Florence and the Machine. But I do have “We R Who We R” and “Bad Romance” on my iPod.

5. Katie says:

I love working out to Indian songs from Bollywood movies, the beat gets me going!

6. i’m thinking anything by taio cruz these days gets me up and moving :)

7. I’ve worked out to most of those songs at one point or another. I just bought Stereo Love and I am obsessed with it. The beat is great!

8. I LOVE Club Can’t Handle Me for everything, including running!

9. I always like see what other people exercise too. I’ll probably check out the songs on your list later to add to one of my cardio mixes. Except for “Bad Romance,” my radio played that to death and I cringe every time I hear it now.

10. Bubu says:

I was thinking as I was scrubbing my bathtub last weekend to a No Doubt medley that I really needed some good dance tunes for this kind of stuff (glamorous life, eh?) – I’m techno-idiotic, so have to just ask: is there an easy way to download/buy the list you’ve posted here?

• Chris says:

If you go to the Run Hundred site–RunHundred.com–you can pull up any of these songs and listen to sample. If you like it, each one has a link where you can download it from Itunes or Amazon.

People usually pick and choose, so I didn’t make a master list that you could download all at once.

Also, if that’s too much of a headache–on the right-hand side of the site, there’s a list of this month’s top 10 songs. For those, you can just click on the titles–rather than having to search individually.

11. Bubu says:

p.s. I’m obsessed with “true blood” and someone made a great video on You Tube about Eric and Sookie, set to “bad romance”

12. Okay, my generation gap is showing ;-)

And until I danced with you, Joy and Mara, I had never heard of Taio Cruz. That said, I do like some of the BEP songs, and I’ve heard of Lady Gaga and like some of her songs. But mostly? My workout songs are from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s….with some current stuff thrown in.

By the way, I really loved your previous post but will probably not comment. It’s a loaded subject for me…suffice it to say that my book is all about finding an answer to it.

Totally understandable. And if the response to that post is any indication, your book is going to be flying off the shelves! People are very interested in the topic!

13. Karen says:

I love so many of the songs on that list. I’m need new workout music as my current playlist isn’t motivating me anymore. I will definitely be putting some of these songs on the new list!

I love Gwyneth Paltrow’s version of “Forget You” from Glee. I mentally sing along to all the people who have hurt me over the years (including my own negative thoughts).

15. Meg says:

I love We No Speak No Americano. They’re just a little different and have enough energy to keep me going. One of my favorites to work out to is Only Girl by Rihanna.

16. I have quite a few of those loaded on my iPod at the moment. I also like Firework by Katy Perry. It really gets me pumped when I am running.