Friday Feline Follies

Has this week been draining for anybody else? I am so thankful it’s finally Friday; I feel like I’ve been sucking in air all week and today I can finally exhale!

So in the spirit of exhaling/relaxing/keeping it all in perspective, today I present to you a photo montage of the crazy creatures who make me smile every single day of the week: Domino and Hamilton. :-)

Because, honestly, how can you not smile when you stumble upon them in the oddest of places? Say, in the sink.

Or in the laundry basket.

Or in a random box.

They’re awfully cute when they’re searching for warmth, in a blanket…

…or on top of the radiator.

I always think cats look especially silly when they sit in such a way that they appear to have no legs.

Or when they’re just being goofballs on their backs!

But for all their silliness, they really are great cuddlers…

Is it any wonder that these faces melt my heart?

How has your week been? Anyone else feeling a bit drained?

AND

Tell me about your furry friends!

36 Responses to “Friday Feline Follies”

1. Drained? Yes. TGIF. Thanks so much for sharing your adorable cats with us! You’re right — they look ridiculous when they tuck all their limbs under their bodies — for some reason, that always reminds me of the way ducks look, when they’re floating on a pond!

2. I love it!! I love kitties!! And when they sit with their legs tucked under I call them “meat loaf” kitties. :-)

I’ve had cats my WHOLE life! I am currently blessed with two girls, Bella and Starla. Bella will be three in May and Starla will be 1. It’s nice having young cats after having two old boys (Dude and Claude, who were 18 and 13, respectively, when they died).

I love that you’re a cat lover too. :) And I am laughing out loud right now at “meatloaf” kitties! :)

3. Karen says:

I love finding our cat in unexpected places too! He loves to get in the shower after its been used to lick up all the water…it’s really kind of gross!

Happy Friday!

4. haha she looks like a duck in the picture with no legs.. love the radiator picture too!

Aww…I absolutely adore my cat, too! I consider her part of the family:-).

6. Your kitties are cute. I am much more a dog person, but my boyfriend wants a cat someday and lucky for him when I see cute pictures like this I start seriously considering having both someday. :)

My basset hound died in August and I am still sad! :(

But I work with a dog rescue (volunteer) so I am getting an 8 week old golden retriever foster puppy TONIGHT and it’s going to be sooo cute!

7. I definitely feel drained this week too. I love my dog, we adopted her almost 4 years ago from a shelter in town, and she’s been the best pup ever. She makes bad days better, that’s for sure.

8. Aw, thank you for sharing your kitties with us. I love my kitties so freakin’ much. My one kitty, Meepers, loves being in the bathroom sink. And my georgy kitty loves laying on the clean, warm laundry or on top of the fridge and my K.C. kitty loves to lay almost anywhere. She is a lap cat for sure, too.

Oh my goodness, the name Meepers is absolutely adorable!!!

• Well, his “real” name is Caddie because we rescued him from the golf course I used to work for. But, soon after we got him, we noticed he makes this adorable little noise (he is very talkative) and it sounds like meep meep meep. So, Meepers it is :D

9. Katie, I love your kitties!! They’re soooo cute! Our cat, Charlie, is 16 years old. When he was younger, he enjoyed getting in the sink and everywhere else he wasn’t supposed to be in! He still does that, but the sink is too high for him now. :)

It sounds funny but he’s like a brother; he’s absolutely part of the family, and has his own unique personality.

I really can’t get over your kitties. I just want to give them a big hug!

I’m also very happy it’s Friday. :) Thanks for sharing these!!

10. Becca says:

Oh yes. Exhausted. I think everyone I know is sick, and I’m starting to feel it, too! Furbabies are the best. Even the stupid pup next to me, barking at the sound the wind makes against the front door.

11. Julie says:

I didn’t know you had cats. Katie, I’m officially your fan now! It’s like that saying goes… Animals connect us to our humanity, and each person seems to have a special connection with a species in particular. Mine’s definately cats!

I was twelve when I got my first, unfortunately he was bought – back then I didn’t know that friends are something we must earn, not purchase (ironically, Yaten’s the grumpiest of all five I have now, a totally Garfield-style fat old cat!). All the other four adopted my family instead.

We have lots of troubles with abandoned animals near my parents’. It’s a poor neighborhood, people just don’t care. So right now they have three more stray cats living with them. It’s a mess and a hell lot of work, but what can we do? They feel the place is safe and full of cat worshipping and just keep coming (we also adopted two stray dogs). :(

As for the week – yeeees, it was exhausting! But I blame the climate. Brazilian summer can be hell on Earth, the sun is so hot it’s literally *painful* to stay in the light, with or without sunscreen. I managed to burn my feet while waiting at the bus stop. Imagine that. O.o And I’m in the country’s coldest State!

YES! I am absolutely a cat-lover! Of my current bunch, Domino is a rescued stray and Hamilton is from a shelter. The work your family does to help animals absolutely touches my heart. I’m sure it isn’t easy, but you all are doing a wonderful thing!

I can’t relate to the heat you’re experiencing right now…we have nine inches of snow here! What a difference!

12. They’re wonderful! What sweet “kids”! Just seeing them made me smile.

My cat is so fat she almost ALWAYS looks like she has her legs tucked up under her. Poor things, she’s been on a restricted, vet-approved diet forever, and is still huge. Which proves, IMO, it ain’t all diet, sometimes it’s just genetic.

Thanks for the Friday smile.

13. DRAINED!!! Yes! I’ve been super busy at work and at home recently. I keep thinking spring is around the corner. Just keep plugging away. Hope you have a good, relaxing weekend.

14. I’m pretty glad that it is Friday — that means I can sleep in tomorrow. Yeah! :)

Domino and Hamilton are ADORABLE!!! My furry friend, named Chip, is such a sweetheart! He loves to play fetch with his toy mouse (which he regularly destroys and we have to either sew it up and finally replace a lot), plays basketball with his little bouncy balls, and demands for fresh ice in a bowl with a little water drizzled on top.

Do Hamilton and Domino ever sit like the Sphinx? I find Chip likes to.

Isn’t it funny to find them in the oddest places just sacked out!? ;) I’ve found Chip lying on the back of the couch with both front legs off the edge, and his right leg off the side, and he is gone to the world. ;) I just wonder how on earth he stays up there without falling off. ;)

Chip sounds like loads of fun!!! And yes, my cats DO sit like the Sphinx – what a perfect way of describing it! :)

15. Love this! I hope to adopt an adult cat someday in the semi near future!

That’s so great! I’m glad to hear you might get an adult cat…I always worry about them since most people go for the kittens.

16. Josie says:

this has been the longest week in history, Katie. but your cats make me smile! i have two chihuahuas, and the smallest one sits like he has no legs, too. we call it the cat pose! i hope i can snap a pic of it someday- i’ll send it to you! =)

17. the week has been long, but like you i have my awesome kitty to come home to. she may be a handful and have a bit of an attitude but i love her! such a cuddle cat!

18. Oh so cute! Norman needs a cat buddy during the day, but both my husband and I are allergic so no kitties for us.

I have to live vicariously through lolcats, cute overload, my coworkers and my blog buddies.

19. definitely drained! this semester is a tough one.
    i unfortunately don’t have any furrty friends of my own:( but i can’t wait till I can get my own puppy:)

20. Catherine says:

i LOVE cats…. your pictures soooo made me smile!!! – i have to show them to my BF…. Our kitty makes us smile everyday also – they are SUCH a blessing!!!!! – on a draining day.. or ANY given day!!! Thanks for posting!!!! :)

21. soooo cute!!! i have the funniest pictures of my cats that David and I take because we just think they are adorable, but I sort of wonder if it’s like people who keep whipping out pictures of their kids, so I usually don’t do anything with them, but they make me smile!

22. [...] few weeks ago when I posted an inordinate amount of photos of my cats, I discovered that many of you are cat lovers as well! And now I need your [...]