Baking Blunder

This isn’t exactly what I intended. :-?

At least they still tasted good! ;-)

Have you had any baking blunders this holiday season?

29 Responses to “Baking Blunder”

1. Those actually look really tasty…

2. I don’t know what that is but it looks kind of good :D Kind of light and fluffy.

I haven’t had any blunders but I also haven’t baked very much either. Oh wait. I just remembered, I did have a blunder. I made gluten free molasses cookies and didn’t know what you weren’t supposed to use blackstrap molasses. The cookies tasted awful yet somehow, my husband was completely addicted to them. They tasted like smokey tar.

Weird little cookies.

3. Lots of blunders for me- I’ve had so many cupcakes explode in my oven! Haha.

4. Tracy says:

No but I did throw out some cookies that a friend gave me because they were really bad. She should have known not to gift rock hard baked goods!

5. Well, they look pretty anyway. And glad they tasted good.

My biggest baking blunder wasn’t exactly “baking” per se, but it took place in the oven — so I’ll count it. It was my failed homemade pizza in which the crusts got so soggy that I put the leftovers down the garbage disposal.

haha how doesn’t have a kitchen blunder every once in a while. No baking blunders this Holiday Season… but a few cooking blunders… Thankfully my boyfriend just smiles and eats what I serve him ;)

7. Taste is ALL that matters in my book. I have to believe that. Most of my food isn’t the prettiest.

8. Snickerdoodles?? Just remember, it’s not about looks, it’s about what’s inside ;-)

9. They look delicious to me. My cookies frequently come out stuck together. My husband says it makes them look homemade.

10. yikes! i have to say, that’s happened to me more times than i care to admit…at least it’s funny!

11. jessica says:

I baked some white chocolate chip cookies with pieces of candy cane in them and once those candy pieces melted they were sticking to EVERYTHING! They were the best cookies, but really really messy : )

12. Josie says:

i had a HUUUGE baking blunder this weekend at my mom’s. i decided to make pecan pralines for the first time. i didn’t have pecans or walnuts, so, brilliantly, i toasted (for way too long) mixed nuts. i wanted to follow the recipe to the letter, and when it came time to beat the cooling mixture, the whole batch hardened in the pan as i was beating. i put it back on the stove to melt it again and was able to spread it out on wax paper, but between the burnt nuts and the burnt sugar, it was a total waste of sugar, and half of them just stuck to the paper.

at least your “blunder” tasted good! they don’t look bad, either!

13. bubu says:

No Christmas ones yet, no, my time is Easter. Ever put on a dozen eggs to boil and then forgot about them? In fact they spontaneously catch fire.

Hahaha! Looks familiar…I’ve done that too many times to count (and I usually eat them anyways). :)

15. Lauren says:

haha oh no!! I’ve definitely had baking blunders, because I like to think I’m a better baker than I really am. I have an awful habit of just winging recipes — not such a good idea for someone with no culinary training. haha

At least they still taste good though! As far as I’m concerned, I couldn’t care less what they look like as long as it tastes good! :)

16. Oh My Goodness I had the same baking blunder! I made snickerdoodles and they looked like pancakes. They still tasted good, but I don’t know what happened!

These look like pancakes too! We must have made the same mistake, whatever it was! ;)

17. [...] Loved reading about all of your baking blunders! [...]