Four Reasons

There are four main reasons I had an absolutely wonderful day yesterday…

Reason #1: The Mister

I got to spend the entire day with this handsome fellow, who had the day off from work.

(Yes, I did just steal his work head shot and publish it on my blog!)

Reason #2: New Lunch Spot

Dave and I checked out a new (to us) cafe for lunch. Zia’s in Towson is a hip little spot featuring sandwiches, fresh juices and smoothies, and lots of vegan and raw options.

I built my own sandwich with grilled marinated veggies, sprouts, lettuce, and goat cheese on sunflower bread. Forgot how much I love goat cheese!

And Dave and I shared a Spiced Peach smoothie: peaches, organic yogurt, milk, agave nectar, cinnamon and all-spice. SO STINKIN’ GOOD!

Reason #3: WAFFLES!

Well, no actual waffles YET, but we purchased a waffle iron!

Cannot wait to use it!

Reason #4: Fro-Yo

A little trip to Mr. Yogato in Fells Point.

Tart fro-yo with raspberries.

After we ordered we saw this neat little sign featuring Mr. Yogato’s “Rules.”

You probably can’t read it because of the glare, but some of the “rules” are pretty clever!

-  Try your luck with a trivia question. Get it right for 10% off, but get it wrong and 10% is added.

-  If you will wear a yogato stamp on your head, you get 10% off.

- Order a yogurt for 30 consecutive days and we’ll name a flavor after you…and host you a party!

- If a customer suggests a topping or flavor which is then adopted, that customer receives a 5% discount for life.

We were so sad we didn’t see this ahead of time; we would have loved to try our luck with the trivia question! Guess we’ll have to go back… ;-)

Hope your weekend is off to a lovely start as well!

What’s your favorite fro-yo flavor and/or topping? Help me think of some clever ideas so I can get a 5% discount for life! (And treat you to some fro-yo, of course!)

AND

Do you have a waffle iron? If so, how often do you use it?

15 Responses to “Four Reasons”

1. katie says:

that sounds like an AMAZING DAY!!!! aww!
    i want froyo now- MANGO is the best froyo topping in my opinion!

2. definitely either chocolate or some kind of fruit (I like katie’s idea of mango…yum!). we have a waffle iron, and we use it for waffles, but i’ve also found some cool cookie recipes and savory waffle recipes that i’ve been meaning to try!

3. Funny, I just used our waffle iron this morning! I love it. I get multigrain baking mix from Trader Joe’s and it seriously takes less than ten minutes to whip up a waffle breakfast. :)

4. those yogato rules are awesome! I love when restaurant/foodie places have cool things like that. My fave fro yo flavor is pb.. and banana slices on top make it soo good. Don’t have a waffle iron but it would be fun to have!

5. Tamara says:

We have a waffle iron that I stole from my parents the last time I visited (which was, like, two years ago? I’m terribly unfilial). I don’t use it very often, because I hate cleaning it, but it does come in handy when we want a quick breakfast that doesn’t require attention to detail. Just pour in the batter, wait until the light pops off, plate and you’re good to go.

6. Those rules are so fun! Next time you’ll be prepared :) I love froyo and have a hard time picking just one favorite. There’s a 24 flavors by my apartment and I usually ask them to combine flavors for me — chocolate peanut butter; maple toffee; german chocolate coconut — all with sprinkles of course!

7. christina says:

i want froyo! it’s hard to find around here…boo :(

8. Definitely a great day!! Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves :) Anyday with that sandwich, fro-yo, AND a new waffle iron is bound to be amazing. Oh, yeah – and the mister! :P
    I don’t get fro-yo much – no places around, unfortunately. I’m pretty simple though – and would like it just with some granola or fruit, haha. Love the sign, though!

Wow those raspberries look wonderful!

10. YAY for Fro-Yo!
    Oh, and for that veggie sandwich!
    It looked HEAVENLY :D
    Have a great Sunday, love!
    Brazilian XOXO´s,
    Gabriela

11. I actually just got a waffle iron for my birthday (2 weeks ago) and I am obsessed!!! LOVE WAFFLES!!!!

12. Lauren says:

I always wanted to try Zias. Funny because when I went to Towson, I didn’t even know it existed (kind of like Trader Joes) and now that I’m living in PA and in a completely different lifestyle, I come back to Towson once a month just for TJ’s and these great little places that I missed when I lived there.

I didn’t realize you went to Towson! I’m getting my master’s degree there. :)

13. Susan says:

I love posts like this! They remind me of how sweet and wonderful the world is, and how simple happiness can be.

Would you believe I’ve never tried froyo? I think that needs to change this summer.

14. Cara says:

So my favorite new dessert is nonfat plain Greek yogurt, sweetened with a little vanilla stevia, and mixed with cashew butter and banana slices. SO good. I love the tartness of the yogurt, and I bet this would make a great fro-yo flavor!